Monday 27 February 2012

Diana Hardy - Guest Blog Post



The Witching Pen Novellas
What's it all about?

Book One: The Witching Pen
Book Two: The Sands Of Time
Book Three: The Demon Bride (released Summer, 2012)
 
A big thank you to Jenny for hosting me on her Madsheep blog :)



In a slightly more unusual move, I thought I'd write a post on what The Witching Pen trilogy is all about, for anyone that hasn't come across it yet. I'm going to keep it short, because I'm appallingly bad at talking up my books!

First off, this is a paranormal romance series. There's steaminess in there, oh yes! But there's also a damn fine plot, which begins to unravel in book one, and truly takes off in book two. In this respect, urban fantasy lovers may enjoy the series as well as paranormal romance lovers, as long as they don't mind that the stories do contain those sexual interactions.

When I first started to write the series, I had a vision of something like Joss Whedon's Buffy The Vampire Slayer (the TV series), only in book form, and without the vampires. I wanted the characters to have a similar kind of banter; a similar kind of integration with each other. I wanted it fast-paced and action-packed, as if you're watching it on the television.

Unlike a lot of paranormal romance books, you won't find that each book in the series is very samey. This is because every character and every couple are different with different needs and wants, and that's reflected in the stories: book one is quite light and fun, because that's what the main characters call for, and book two is more dark and gritty, although no less fun (I like my tongue-in-cheek humour).

What's the series about? It's about a pen that can write the future, and the true purpose of its creation; it's about angels and demons; it's about magic; it's about sex and love, and what can be gained and lost from both; it's about acceptance and sacrifice, and it's about bonds that cannot be broken.

So there you have it – I'm going to stop now ;)

I'll leave you with a little treat I whizzed up for fans of the series: a FREE short story that gives us more insight into Karl and Elena's relationship (we meet them in book one, The Witching Pen). Although the series is written for adults, this short story is suitable for YA readers. You can find download info here http://www.diannahardy.com/wilted-a-witching-pen-novellas-prequel.html
 
Enjoy, and thanks for reading :)


Author's website: http://www.DiannaHardy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment