Monday 26 September 2011

Ink - S J Davis


Ink - S J Davis

About the book:
“It’s a good day to die.”
My mother holds my arm fiercely.
“But as you grieve for me, listen for
the voices.
Then, you must get the ink.”

Sparrow stumbles between two worlds,
light and dark, love and hate, what is real
and what is in her mind.

When her mother dies on the Reservation,
Sparrow’s world is shadowed with anger
and narrowed by pain. The voices arrive,
but are they real? And how can a tattoo
make her stronger?


41/2 /5

I must say from the word go i loved this short story. I found it captivating both in its writing, and in the characters. The story line was good, and the back story for the characters was amazing. This is as far as i am aware an original type of story, with well thought out links to the Native American culture, that i found was well researched and incorporated into the story. 
I loved the interaction between " Sparrow " and both her boyfriend and guide. I loved the way personal issues were dealt with in this book, i don't want to give too much away, as i feel that everyone really needs to read this story for themselves to find out how good this book is.
I feel that most people will love this short story and i cant wait to see what is going to happen next to " sparrow " , and find out how she is going to deal with what is to become of her.

A shout out to the author of this short story, as she made it so captivating and enchanting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment