Wednesday 5 June 2013

Entwined with you - Sylvia Day



Entwined with you - Sylvia Day 

About the book: 
The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires…

From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…

4/5 

My Review: 
I was eagerly anticipating the release of this book, I must say I wasn't disappointed and I don't want to spoil it for those of you that have not read it yet. So here goes....... I loved the continuation of Gideon and Eva's story, but some things I did not see coming and would not have expected to see. Sylvia has seamlessly carried the story forward from the other books and although i felt that there was some of the magic missing from this book compared to the first two it is still a good read. She lets the reader see more of Gideon and Eva as we see them grow and develop not only as individuals but also as a couple. They continue to work on their issues and new ones seem to always come up and send them spinning, but that is nothing new for this loveable pair its just how they deal with it that changes and matures as they do together. On the other hand we see Eva and Gideon's other relationships with family, friends and ex's all change and take new turns and directions. Secondary characters are given more to do in this book and play a bigger part in the story line, but this never takes anything away from the pair, they always stand front and centre of everything that is happening. It is nice to see more of the background characters coming through and maturing as the book progresses and the story flows. 

This is a compelling read and anyone a fan of the series will be happy with the way it goes, the ending....... well I will leave that to your choice, but I don't think its too much of a spoiler to say Sylvia has much more planned for this couple and the trilogy will expand. I for one cannot wait to see where she takes them and what other mis fortunes come their way and how they will deal with it. Will they come out stronger and together or will there be something that can finally tear them apart for good?  All questions as a reader I ask myself and as yet I have no idea on the answers. I can't wait to see what comes next and I am sure its going to be a long and arduous wait for Gideon and Eva part 4........

I urge fans of this genre and of this couple to go and get the book, read it for yourself and continue your love affair with the couple. All credit to Sylvia for bringing us yet another book that will captivate, titillate and entice readers new and old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment