Tuesday 29 January 2013

The Prince - Tiffany Reisz



The Prince - Tiffany Reisz

About the book:
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer...preferably in bed. That's always been Kingsley Edge's strategy with his associate, the notorious New York dominatrix Nora Sutherlin. But with Nora away in Kentucky, now it's Kingsley's chance to take her place at the feet of the only man he's ever wanted -- Søren, Nora's on-again, off-again lover -- until a new threat from an old enemy forces him to confront his past.

Wes Railey is still the object of Nora's tamest yet most maddening fantasies, and the one man she can't forget. He's young. He's wonderful. He's also thoroughbred royalty and she's in "his" world now. But Nora is no simpering Southern belle, and her dream of fitting into Wesley's world is perpetually at odds with her dear Søren's relentlessly seductive pull.
Two worlds of wealth and passion call to her and whichever one Nora chooses, it will be the hardest decision she will ever have to make... unless someone makes it for her....



3/5

My Review:
Picking up this book having waited patiently to read the continuing story of Nora and seeing where the author would take her now. I just could not wait to open the pages and start reading, but the more I read the more I found that out of all of this series so far this is my least favourite book. Why is that you ask ? when in fact I have loved all the other including the novellas that go right along side the series. Well I found that this book lacked the incite and  intensity of the rest of them and that it's slow pace had me losing interest in reading it faster than I care to acknowledge. That all being said I still love the series and the story-line did flow although at a slower more sedate pace than in the others. The characters were as always what I know and love and continued to grow, we discovered more about the prince Wes in this book and maybe that was the cause of the slow pace since he himself is not a fast moving and assertive character. But not once did I not want to know where the story was going and how Nora would decide to move forward with her life after all the ups and downs she has had in the previous books. Yes I read right to the end and as most others I too was left hanging at the cliffhanger of an end and also want to go out and get the next book to find out what has happened and will continue to happen in this series. Nora really has well and truly won over my heart, not so much in this book but she has not lost it enough for me to lose interest in finding out the rest of her life and the choices she is bound to make. What will become of her? well I will be heading out to grab the next instalment as soon as it is available to me and I know I will read it from cover to cover no matter what happens. This series is a must read for those lovers of the genre and of a good story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment